Friday, April 4, 2008

Is the world going mad???

I couldn’t help asking this myself when I first heard about pregnant man who is going to give birth to a girl in summer. It was so until I got some additional information on this matter. As it turned out, this man was not quite a man, but ex-lesbian woman Tracy, 34, who having realized her real natural, decided to become a man, but did nothing to her sex organs. "I actually opted not to do anything to my reproductive organs because I wanted to have a child one day. I see pregnancy as a process and it doesn't define who I am," Beatie told in one of his (?) interview. "I feel it's not a male or female desire to have a child. It's a human need. I'm a person and I have the right to have a biological child."

Beatie’s wife Nancy cannot have a baby, thus, this mission was given to her husband. The couple is happy and is waiting for this baby. They say, it doesn’t matter, who gave birth to a child – parents are not going to mix their roles in the family.

Beatie says it was not that easy to find a doctor who took up the case, but at last they managed to do it, and Dr. Kimberly James defines this pregnancy as absolutely normal.

The case caused a real stir all over the world – so many people, so many opinions. I am not going to judge anybody, our life is so unpredictable! You never know where you win and where you lose. If these people feel comfortable in this situation (and I believe, they do, if speak about this case so openly!) I can wish them and their future daughter good luck. And if this case is so extraordinary, it doesn’t mean that everything they do is wrong. In the long run, it is their life and they made their decision.

No comments: