Monday, February 11, 2008

Cher is over sixty and doesn’t care!

I'd better do what I can do while I can do it
Cher


There are some people who seem to have no age. They are always full of life, active and never stop at what they already have. Cher is one of them. She is not afraid of her age and is perfectly sure that this cannot prevent her from being the best. And that’s true!

Cher’s life wasn’t an easy one. She, as well as all of us, had problems with her family, with her private life and career. Even now Cher admits, that “Gay men understand that I understand what it's like to be an outsider. To singers, I wasn't a singer. To actors, I wasn't an actor. I know what it's like to fight for your place. Besides, gay men are very choosy, and they have great taste.”

Cher is not only a chart topping singer, television star, academy award winner, a disco diva, rock'n'roller and a fashion icon, she is also interested in politics and from tike to time discusses political issues with her close pal Lou Dobbs. She has worked for Jimmy Carter, Al Gore and John Kerry. Though she's committed to Hillary Clinton, Cher isn't beholden to Democrats.

Despite all her liberalism, Cher was shocked when she found out her daughter was a gay. At first she didn’t know what to do and it took quite a loot of efforts to take things for granted. Now Cher and Chastity are very close, and mother admits she has learned to love her daughter for what she is.

Cher still has lots of plans for the future, she is sure she'll reclaim an entertainment niche in a culture awash in trash TV and tabloids. But her shrine of shiny awards hasn't entirely erased her misfit issues. "In my business, you're only as good as what you do today," she says. "But I think people like me. People feel friendly toward me, maybe because I've been around most of their lives. And their parents' lives."

Such people as Cher never give up, till they can and want to work. For people who really like her and are her fans, she will always remain the icon of style, industriousness and optimism, despite all problems and misunderstanding. Our life is so short, why should we waste it on trifles…

No comments: